Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Home SWEET Home...

The phrase 'home sweet home' could not be more true. I FINALLY got to go home this past weekend, and this was a wonderful thing considering I have been so home sick lately! After work on Friday (once I got the go ahead from Honda that I was not going to get stuck in the middle of nowhere.... and I really mean the middle of NOWHERE) I threw things in a bag, and headed home. After a not so short 6 and half hour drive (thank you very BAD rain) I was home, and the lights were on and waiting for me, and even though it was like almost midnight my pup (Blaze) came running out to greet me. Right off the bat I got to check something off my list of things that I have been waiting to do... PET MY DOG! I hung out with my sleepy Daddy for a bit and then went to sleep in my old room, in my old bed (which is still strange).

Saturday the adventures in Atlanta began... 
First was the Georgia Tech game (my little sister has officially been a yellow jacket for over a year now so for at least this day I wore the Tech colors) they WON!
This Libby and me at the game... up VERY, VERY, VERY high... we had a great time!
Being a loud and screaming college football fan can really make you hungry... so we made a stop at Manuel's (this really old, very cool, and yummy tavern *notice the est. 1956). My mom actually used to eat here when she was around my age (fun fact for ya).
After Manuel's I had to see my Libby's new place.... most people upgrade their living arrangements from their freshman year, but my sister takes the cake! She went from a very teeny tiny dorm room to an AwEsOmE apartment on North Avenue... the picture above oh that's just the view out her window!
I also got to see Libby's sorority house... here's Libby and Fidel (she's a Phi Mu)!
Here is the best Italian Ice I have ever had (we saw everyone walking aound Atlantic Station with it)... this combo was watermelon and coconut... it was absolutely... 
THE. BEST. EVER.
Here was the view from our little bench... people just walking around on a Saturday evening enjoying the market in Atlantic Station.
It looks fun doesn't it.... does it not make you just want to walk around to all of the vendors while enjoying some Italian Ice?!?!?!!?!

I had so much fun enjoying family, friends, and the city... so much fun in fact I had a hard time convincing my car to get on 85 SOUTH! I am very happy in Mobile... I have a great job and amazing friends here... but I will always be a Georgia girl.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment