Monday, August 31, 2009

Beer Festing Anyone...

So... this weekend my friends and I were encouraged to"Think globally... Drink locally" which we did at the 12th Annual Dauphin Street Beer Festival (or Beerfest). All we needed to taste countless beers at over 31 local bars and restaurants was this little mug (which we got to keep) and...  
this little wristband... I feel like it had been forever since I actually had to wear a wristband. 

This was before our beerfest excursion had begun... I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Sweetater BLUE... it's my favorite (and it's from Georgia like me)!
Here we are (my roomate Tansey and I) at the very beginning of our adventure... we started at the very farthest reaching bar and worked our way in towards midtown. It was a really fun night and we got to go to several bars that we had never even been to before. One of my favorites was Joe Cain's (this bar is a part of the Battlehouse one of the nicest hotels in Mobile), and of course Martini's because they had my favorite (Sweetwater Blue). Anyways... it really was a great night, and I'm really glad we tried it. It was funny walking around that night you could have almost confused Mobile for a BIG city... which was a fun and very RARE feeling. So cheers and happy beerfesting... hopefully we will be back again next year!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment